Gut health – it’s all connected!
We have previously touched on this subject in one of our other blogs. Reset your gut – you can read it here.
But we thought we would chat a little more as there seems to be a lot of conversations going on and it is becoming more and more of a hot topic.
Is it just another trend to hit the health and wellbeing world?
The human gut is more complex than most people previously thought and has a huge impact on whole-body health. A healthy gut contributes to a strong immune system, heart health, brain health, improved mood, healthy sleep, and effective digestion, and it may help prevent some cancers and autoimmune diseases.
So what can I do to make my gut healthy I can hear you say…
Here are 5 steps you can easily an simply make towards a healthier and happier gut!
- Eat a varied fibre rich diet – however don’t just go cramping all the fibre in, increase it gradually over the coming weeks. What foods are high in fibre? Veggies such as Artichokes, broccoli, beets, carrots, and fruit such as berries, melon, apples and pears. But also think about including oatmeal, beans and pulses.
- Experiment with fermented foods such as kefir, sauerkraut, kimchi – foods can naturally contain live bacteria and come at no extra cost so try to get the live bacteria you need from your foods first.
- Try to lower stress levels and prioritise sleep! There is a direct link from your gut to your brain – if we are over tired and stressed we tend to head to those more convenient quick processed foods which generally don’t make our guts that happy right..
- EXERCISE!!!! Yes we know we keep telling you this but it is true! Exercise can actually help regulae your bowls, it is also associated with greater diversity within your gut microbiota which is definitely a good thing!
- Try to avoid unnecessary meds, antiobiotics and painkillers. These can make our guts not that happy.
Oh and one more thing – know when to seek medical or professional help!
Happy guts = happy moods, sleep and strength building!